To kick off the season of giving in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the United Way of Broward County will host the virtual Stay Home Gala through Tuesday, December 1, in lieu of the organization’s annual Mayors’ Gala. All of the proceeds raised will benefit the United Way of Broward County’s work to support the health, education, and financial stability of individuals and families in the community.
Community members can donate to the cause by purchasing Stay Home Gala packages and Stay Home Hala individual tickets now through Giving Tuesday on December 1. Each package corresponds to services for people in need, like providing 330 meals to isolated senior citizens, employment training for adults with special needs, paying four months of rent for homeless families, and more. United Way of Broward County is aiming to raise $250,000 for those in need.
“Our community counts on the dollars raised at the Mayors’ Gala every year to fund critical programs in Broward County and help those most in need,” said Kathleen Cannon, United Way of Broward County’s president and CEO. “This year people are struggling more than ever and raising these dollars has never been so important.”
United Way of Broward County is offering several giving opportunities and donations will receive recognition on all the Gala’s digital communications. Below is a list of the ticket prices and Gala packages:
Stay Home Gala Individual Ticket:
- $365 – Delivers three weeks’ worth of healthy foods to a family.
Stay Home Gala Packages:
- $1,000 – Provides 330 nutritious meals to isolated senior citizens
- $2,000 – Gives a child with special healthcare needs two years of care coordination services to help the parents navigate overwhelming challenges
- $2,500 – Provides employment training and placement for adults with special needs
- $5,000 – Delivers case management services to five veterans
- $10,000 – Pays four months of rent for two homeless families providing a safe and secure home
- $15,000 – Launches United Way’s reading program in one school