The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) will resume its bi-monthly “Sunday by The Shore” experience with a special event to benefit those impacted by Hurricane Ian October 9. The event will feature a day-long supply drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for families in Southwest Florida impacted by Hurricane Ian, as well as a free concert from Krush Party Band from 12 to 3 p.m.
Supplies accepted include the following:
- Baby and children: Diapers, food, personal care, and toys
- Clothing: New underwear and socks, as well as gently used, clean T-shirts
- Emergency supplies: Flashlights, batteries, and fans
- Paper Products: Plates, towels, napkins, and tissue
- Pet supplies: Bagged or canned food, toys, and care products
- Household goods: Towels, bedding, comforters, air mattress, and tents
- Small housewares: Plates, cutlery, glassware, and can openers
- Repair items: Trash bags, work gloves, hand tools, plastic tubs, and carts
Additionally, LOOP supporter OTC4Me.com will have personal hygiene and cleaning supply care packages for sale, along with postcards of hope which will be sent with each box.
Arrangements have been made to transport items to those hardest hit on the west coast of Florida through a partnership with Fort Lauderdale Ice.
The event is free and open to the public. Click here for more details and email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on how to donate.