The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) Fort Lauderdale Beach will kick off the second half of its Friday Night Sound Waves season, featuring free weekly concerts presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Beach Business Improvement District, on Friday, October 8, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. ReaXtion Band will take the stage on opening night. The event is free and open to the public
Friday Night Sound Waves welcomes area locals and visitors alike to enjoy some the region’s best musical talents in genres ranging from jazz, Latin, country, Top 40, indie, oldies, and classic rock. Before each concert, guests are invited to member-based open workouts with OutFit Training, a rotation of children’s classes, live art experiences, and other activities including a pop-up Music & Makers Market.
Music & Makers provides the opportunity for guests to engage with local artists and innovators representing the diverse and creative South Florida community. Curated by Carley Sumner, producer of the wildly popular Flamingo Flea, the weekly pop-up showcase features a rotation of vintage, jewelry, skin care, upcycled clothing, homewares, craft-batched foods, and handmade accessories. Acoustic music, live art, children’s activities, and street performers will provide entertainment from 5 to 6:30 p.m. before the free Friday Night Sound Waves concerts.
2021 LOOP Friday Night Sound Waves lineup:
- October 8: ReaXtion Band ReaXtion Band brings their high-energy mix of Classic Top 40s, disco, funk, old school, R&B, and Motown music to the main lawn at The LOOP.
- October 15: VAM BAND VAM BAND is a Funk Tribute Dance Band performing pop/Top 40, soul, R&B, Motown, Latin, reggae, and more.
- October 22: 30Vice The South-Florida-born and Nashville-based band will perform a range of classic hits to today’s current chart toppers.
- October 29: H20: A Hall & Oates Experience “H2O: The Music of Hall & Oates” is a dedicated theatrical performance paying tribute to “The Greatest Duo in Rock and Roll History.” Over a year in the making, the show reproduces the amazing artistry from Hall and Oates’ 50-year-career library. The concert coincides with the 62nd annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, October 27-31.
- November 5: Bobby Nathan Band The Bobby Nathan Band is a six-piece band performing iconic songs from the most stellar artists of our time.
- November 12: Tim Charron Band Country rock recording artist Tim Charron divides his time between Nashville and Florida and has three albums including Chasing The Sun, which was recorded with Jason Aldean’s band. The concert coincides with Tortuga Music Festival.
- November 19: KRUSH The KRUSH Party Band is a professional entertainment powerhouse, performing favorites such as Motown, R&B, classic dance, disco hits, and classic dance rock.
- December 3: Mitch Herrick and the Homegrown Sinners Roots-Rocker Mitch Herrick & the Homegrown Sinners bring an eclectic range of originals and interpretive covers of songs you know and love. Herrick, most notably known for his involvement with the South Florida-based band SOSOS, touts originals and interpretive covers of songs, ranging from Tom Petty to Stevie Wonder and Matchbox 20 to Pink Floyd. Part of the Wonderland, Rockin’ Round the Christmas Tree Weekend December 2-5.
- December 10: Ticket To The Moon Ticket To The Moon delivers a one-of-a-kind show, both sonically and visually, which will make any fan feel like they’re on a musical space ride featuring the music of Electric Light Orchestra. Lead singer and founder Reggie Fecteau has assembled a “dream team” of musicians whose training and performance history is second to none. Part of the Wonderland Nutcrackers + Sweets Weekend, December 9-12.
- December 17: Gypsy Lane Performances will cover genres such as Motown,reggae, soul, funk, disco, and hip hop. Part of the Winter Wonderland Weekend, December 16-19.
- December 24: Friday Night Sound Waves Christmas Eve Concert This will be a Christmas Eve to remember with a Night of Sinatra featuring Jeff Grainger and The Hoboken 11 Big Band. Presented by the City of Fort Lauderdale Beach Improvement District, the concert is free to attend and welcomes all ages. A limited number of VIP Supper Club style tables for 4 include seating, charcuterie board and beverages.
- December 31: Friday Night Sound Waves New Year’s Eve On The Beach with The Goodnicks Enjoy live music, watch the ball drop in New York City via a live stream on jumbo screens, and stay for the laser light show at midnight. The Goodnicks are a melodic three- and four-part harmony pop, rock, dance, country outfit that was derived from such rock and country greats as Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Goo Goo Dolls, Kiss, and The Eagles.