Fort Lauderdale Art & Design Week will return January 22-30, to shine a spotlight on Broward County’s boundless cultural opportunities for residents, collectors, dealers, art enthusiasts, and visitors. The event has also become a platform for research and promotion of the arts, its relationship to the community, and discussions over contemporary art trends in the areas of the arts, architecture, cinema, dance, music, and theater.
The week will celebrate diversity, bring neighbors into dialogue, increase creativity, and offer opportunities to cultivate civic pride throughout the county and its burgeoning art scene. Since its inception, Fort Lauderdale Art & Design Week has been a breeding ground for discovery, finding synergies and exchanging ideas, with select aligned programming, including museum exhibitions, artist studio tours, gallery openings, virtual programs, an “artDISCOURSE Series,” architectural walks, roundtables, professional encounters, and more.
Events in the Fort Lauderdale Art & Design Week programming include:
- The 2nd Annual “Ignite” Broward exhibition from January 26-30. This family-friendly, immersive art experience features exciting interactive video and light installations created by leading contemporary artists and designers.
- The 4th Annual AIA Fort Lauderdale Architecture Fair features talks like including “Symbiosis: The Intersection between Art & Architecture” with Stuart Architects, Austin Fox Architecture, and Rex Nichols Architecture on January 27; and “When the Artists Speaks the Architecture Listens” featuring the award-winning work of Kobi Karp Architecture on January 28.
- Other highlights include an “Art, Culture & the Creative Economy” presentation on January 25 at GALLERYone with Phillip Dunlap, director of Broward Cultural Division; Sandy Lighterman, Broward County Film Commissioner; Andrew Martineau, co-founder of Fort Lauderdale Art & Design Week; and moderated by Evan Snow co-founder of Fort Lauderdale Art & Design Week.
- Obstruction Immersion, an immersive installation by collaborative artists/sisters KX2 at the Kimpton Goodland January 22-30.
- A full schedule of exhibits and events can be viewed here.
“Building this Art & Design Week over the last couple years has been a labor of love for both myself and Evan and having the Broward Cultural Division’s ‘Ignite’ Broward take place during the Week is an incredible and exciting addition to the platform that we have created,” said Martineau. “Furthermore, the Broward Cultural Division has come on as presenting sponsor of the week which has been a huge help in this monumental task of promoting the arts during this concentrated week.”