We asked some local restaurants and liquor companies to share some of their most refreshing summer drink recipes, and they definitely delivered. Cheers!
Sweet Nectar Restaurant’s “Grandpa’s Apple Pie Cocktail”
1 1/2 ounces Michter’s Rye Whiskey
1 1/2 ounces Ole Smoky’s Apple Pie Moonshine
1/2 ounce Rhum Clément Créole Shrubb orange liquor
4 dashes aeromatic bitters
Fresh muddled orange
1. Muddle orange in a shaker.
2. Add ice and ingredients. Shake and serve. Don’t strain.
3. Garnish with orange or mint leaf.
Rekorderlig’s “Beautifully Swedish”
1 1/2 ounces Rekorderlig pear cider
1 ounce of Absolut pear vodka
1/2 ounce of framboise liquor
1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice
1. Muddle strawberries, vodka, framboise and lemon juice.
2. Top with crushed ice, shake and pour over Rekorderlig pear cider.
3. Garnish with apple slices.
Tsukuro restaurant’s Lavender Bergamot Shooter (pictured in front)
lavender citrus infuser
3 oz vodka
1. Place infuser in glass. Pour vodka over infuser and steep 2-3 minutes.
2. Add infused vodka into a shaker with ice, shake vigorously.
3. Strain into 2 shot glasses.
4. To drink, take the shot and follow with a bite into the orange wedge.
GREY GOOSE® Le Melon “Melon Mule”
1½ parts GREY GO
3 parts ginger beer
3 lime wedges
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add GREY GOOSE Le Melon and the juice from three lime wedges.
2. Shake well and strain into a copper mug filled with crushed ice.
3. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge.