Over the last 38 years, the Rick Case Bikes for Kids program has provided more than 125,000 bikes to children during the holidays. This year’s bicycle collection kicked off this week and will continue to Monday, December 21. The goal is set at 6,500 bikes, which will be distributed by local Boys & Girls Clubs chapters, area charities, churches, and schools.
Rick and Rita Case and the Rick Case Automotive Group launched the program in Ohio in 1982 where they had 14 bicycle stores. They asked the community to donate bikes they no longer needed and to be gifted to deserving children for the holidays.
“We’ve asked our community to bring in a bike in good condition they no longer needed so it could be donated to children that wouldn’t have an opportunity to own a bicycle,” said Rita Case, president and CEO of the Rick Case Automotive Group. “It’s a win-win for everyone. The community would feel philanthropic being able to help a child and the children would be thrilled to have a bike of their own, many for the very first time.”
Members of the community can drop off bikes in good condition at any of the Rick Case South Florida locations below. The drop-off locations are open daily and hours of operation can be found here.
- Rick Case Honda 15700 Rick Case Honda Way (I-75 at Griffin Road), Davie; (954) 364-3000
- Rick Case Acura 875 North State Road 7 (on 441 at Sunrise), Ft. Lauderdale; (954) 587-1111
- Rick Case Hyundai 925 North State Road 7 (on 441 at Sunrise), Ft. Lauderdale: (954) 581-5885
- Rick Case Hyundai 3550 Weston Road (I-75 Auto Row), Davie; (954) 377-4100
- Rick Case Honda Cycles 15701 Rick Case Honda Way (I-75 at Griffin Road), Davie; (954) 364-3201
- Rick Case Fiat, Alfa Romeo & Maserati 3500 Weston Road (I-75 Auto Row), Davie; (954) 903-5311
- Rick Case Volkswagen 3520 Weston Road (1-75 Auto Row), Davie; (954) 903-5500
- Rick Case Kia 14500 W Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise (Sunrise at the Sawgrass Expressway); (954) 622-1700